Who is Carly Burd? Viral Gardners Land Destroyed in Sabotage Attack

Publish date: 2024-05-07

Carly Burd, the woman who fed hundreds of families struggling with the cost of living crisis, has revealed that her garden was vandalized in a sabotage attack. She was growing vegetables and fruits as a part of her initiative, but her project has been halted due to the attack.

Burd first made news last year when she decided to help others with their food needs as the threat of a harsh winter loomed. Here is everything you need to know about the woman and the horrible incident she went through recently.

Who is Carly Burd?

Carly Burd is a 43 year old woman based in Harlow, Essex. In 2022, she initiated her gardening project named A Meal On Me With Love. It is a charity targeted towards low-paid earners and pensioners in the local region, who are not able to keep up with the rising living costs. Burd began gardening vegetables in June last year and transformed her garnered into an allotment site.

She now grows the crops and delivers them as food parcels to those in need. The project is run through donations. The initiative came to the public light when Burd created her TikTok account in November 2022 and went viral on the platform. Everybody appreciated her efforts and community-driven initiative.

“I have multiple sclerosis, so I’m on disability. I’m on the lowest money, lower than what you need to survive on. So when they said there was a cost of living crisis, you don’t need to tell me twice. That is a massive warning,” Burd said talking about the project.

Burd’s Garden Vandalized with Salt

In her recent TikTok video, a heartbroken Burd explained how her garden was vandalized with salt the night before. Organic fruits and vegetables were planted in the garden, which would now dehydrate due to the salt. “Someone’s jumped over in the night and put salt all over the land,” Burd said in her video while getting emotional.

“That means everything I’ve planted won’t grow and I can’t replant on it because it won’t grow. So all the hours and hours of work that we’ve put in is now dead and they’ve done it everywhere. How could you do that? Do you know what? You won’t stop me because I’ll just pick it all up and I’ll carry on… you won’t stop me whatsoever,” she added.

Burd has Started a Fundraising Campaign

Carly Burd has started a GoFundMe to gather donations for her A Meal on Me With Love project. The campaign has so far raised over $100k. “ I fund everything myself or I hound companies to help. What I raise goes straight back into ‘a meal on me’. I’d love to be able to raise enough to get the things I need to make a difference to others lives,” Burd says on the fundraiser page.

“The more I raise, the more things I’m able to get to make this work. Please donate and give me a hand. I have single-handedly fed 190 people, transformed my whole garden into an allotment, I’ve now got the council on my side AND I’m now a runner of a good size piece of land, all in 4 months,” she adds.

For more news and updates, keep watching this space.

ncG1vNJzZmivp6x7rbjAp5ylpJmdsrOty51lnKedZIR1hI6wn6hlmah6pK3RpbBmmqWnsW7CyKuYpWWXlr%2BlusSrqmakkaOxbrDErKurp6masW61zWaqmpqfqa6osYyaq62Zk6B8