Meet Declan Donnellys six siblings as brother Dermott sadly dies Tassco The Talks Today

Publish date: 2024-05-04

Dec Donnelly’s brother has sadly died. In the earlier, the British nationwide treasure has spoken about his shut bond collectively along with his brother and life rising up with six older siblings.

He may be recognized worldwide as half of the long-lasting Ant & Dec duo, nonetheless rising up in Newcastle, throughout the north east of England, Dec was merely the youngest of seven youngsters who shared a room collectively along with his 4 brothers – along with Dermott.

Dec’s brother Dermott Donnelly dies

The TV presenter revealed yesterday, July 8, that his brother had sadly died, aged solely 55, after dropping an prolonged battle with a essential illness.

Dec shared the data on Twitter saying his “darling brother” had handed away that afternoon, and thanked followers for his or her messages of assist.

This content material materials couldn’t be loaded

See further

I’m heartbroken to let you understand that my darling brother Fr Dermott, @TweeterPriest, sadly handed away this afternoon. We are all previous devastated. Thank you in your messages of sympathy and assist, they’re appreciated 🙏
DD

— antanddec (@antanddec) July 8, 2022

The Mirror revealed Dermott had merely celebrated 30 years as an ordained Catholic priest sooner than collapsing and being rushed to hospital.

Father Maung who served with Dermott at St Joseph’s Church, in County Durham outlined Dermott died in hospital collectively along with his mother and Dec by his side.

Fr Maung talked about: “He was hardly breathing in the bed, it was so sad. They think he had bleeding on the brain. Declan had come to be with him and their mum was there as well, I saw her at the hospital and it was so hard for her, a mother seeing her dying son.”

Fr Dermott officiated over Dec’s wedding ceremony to his partner Ali, in 2015, in his hometown the place the likes of Holly Willoughby, Fearne Cotton, Ashley Roberts, Dermott O’Leary, Phillip Schofield, Marvin and Rochelle Humes and Vernon Kay and Tess Daly had been merely among the many celeb guests attending.

Dec as quickly as talked about he briefly thought-about following his brother into the equivalent occupation, nonetheless decided in the direction of it. He talked about: “Later on my brother Dermott educated to be a priest. When I used to be about 14 I did briefly contemplate following in his footsteps.

“Then, in the future, I acquired the bus house from faculty and it was stuffed with lasses from the native women’ faculty, Sacred Heart.

“I knew right there and then that the priesthood wasn’t for me.”

Dec’s six siblings

Dermott leaves behind six siblings, along with Dec, who will miss him dearly.

Alongside Dermott, Dec has three sisters, Patricia (59), Camelia (49) and Moira (53), and likewise has brothers Martin (57), Eamonn (58).

In the earlier, Dec spoke about rising up in a three-bed council house in Newcastle with all his siblings and his mom and father, Alphonsus and Anne.

He talked about: “Growing up was like The Waltons however in Newcastle. We all lived in a council home in Cruddas Park within the West End. The home had three bedrooms.

“You don’t have to be a maths genius to work out that three bedrooms and 9 individuals equals a little bit of a squeeze.

“The four boys were in two sets of bunk beds in one room, the three girls were in another and my mam and dad had the third room.”

Dec’s surrogate sibling, Ant McPartlin

When discussing Dec’s siblings, no one could overlook to say his surrogate seventh sibling, Ant McPartlin. The pair started working collectively in 1988 after they met on the BBC current Byker Grove.

This content material materials couldn’t be loaded

See further

Fr Dermott you had been the kindest, wisest man I knew. Rest in peace my pal. You received’t ever be forgotten.
My concepts, prayers and love are collectively together with your nice family.
The world has misplaced a specific man. X
A

— antanddec (@antanddec) July 9, 2022

Since then they’ve strong such a occupation collectively it’s laborious for followers to consider them apart – solely ever having to experience it as quickly as in 2018 when Ant took a break after his drink-driving conviction and time in rehab and he was briefly modified by Holly Willoughby for that yr’s season of I’m a Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here!

Ant and Dec are so shut Ant has come out publicly to mourn the dearth of Fr Dermott collectively along with his private Twitter publish.

ncG1vNJzZmismJrBorjKrKuonJGue6S7zGiknp2kYrGmr8uapWacn6O7prjLsqpmq5mterS1waWgp5%2BjYq60ecGrpq2glad6pbHRpqatrF2orqW42Gabop2jYsGiv9Kcpmg%3D